Neon Tour (Sunset)
1 Hour Before Sunset
4 miles round trip
Moving Flat Water
Easy to Moderate
These are special events held four times a month beginning in April and ending in October. The Neon Tour encompasses all the sights of the Emerald Tour, but takes place at sunset. Vegas Glass Kayaks retrofitted with neon lights will light up the night as they take you down the Colorado River. Bask in the natural beauty of the emerald green waters below and the starry night sky above. Beverages and s'mores provided with campfire back at the beach!
A sunset, 4 mile excursion, the Neon Tour starts and ends at the gorgeous and easily-accessible Willow Beach. Highlights along this route include paddling up the great Colorado River, refreshing dips in the crystal clear river water, hiking through historical ruins, and floating in the bright jade waters of Emerald Cave. Bask in the natural beauty of the Black Canyon as you float back down river and spot the diverse desert wildlife, while our guides share the awe-inspiring history behind the creation of the great Hoover Dam.
Points of Interest
This is a sample itinerary and lists what you may see on a tour.
- Arrive at Willow beach.
- Stops along the way to view ancient petroglyphs
- Brief hike and history lesson of Gauger home and work site in Black Canyon
- Explore the beautiful Emerald Cave
- Stop for a campfire with beverages and s'mores
- Return to Willow Beach after a leisurely paddle downriver
- Crystal-clear Kayak/Canoe hybrid boat
- Comfort-gripped fiberglass paddles
- Knowledgeable and experienced guide
- Las Vegas hotel pick up
- Complimentary water
Sunset Neon Tour