Emerald Tour (Half Day)
4 miles round trip
Moving Flat Water
Easy to Moderate
A half-day, 4 mile excursion, the Emerald Tour starts and ends at the gorgeous and easily-accessible Willow Beach. Highlights along this route include paddling up the great Colorado River, refreshing dips in the crystal clear river water, hiking through historical ruins, floating in the bright jade waters of Emerald Cave, and relaxing on a scenic beach to enjoy your gourmet picnic lunch. Bask in the natural beauty of the Black Canyon as you float back down river and spot the diverse desert wildlife, while our guides share the awe-inspiring history behind the creation of the great Hoover Dam.
Points of Interest
This is a sample itinerary and lists what you may see on a tour.
- Arrive at Willow beach.
- Stops along the way to view ancient petroglyphs
- Brief hike and history lesson of Gauger home and work site in Black Canyon
- Explore the beautiful Emerald Cave
- Stop for a custom ordered gourmet picnic lunch on the beach
- Return to Willow Beach after a leisurely paddle downriver
- Crystal-clear Kayak/Canoe hybrid boat
- Comfort-gripped fiberglass paddles
- Knowledgeable and experienced guide
- Las Vegas hotel pick up
- Complimentary water
- Gourmet Picnic lunch
Half Day Emerald Tour